Tuesday, January 22, 2008

 

Greeting all ye!

Oh, do I apologize for my lack of attention to this blog. No posts since last summer, indeed.

Updates, updates… Well, the holidays are past us. I pray your houses were blessed with good health. Me? So far so good*. J, S and the rest? They’re all just fine.

J and I are excited because we’re planning our next move. I suspect we’ll move sometime toward late summer. This is an important move for many reasons. J & myself will finally make good on our goal to move to Arizona to a place of our own. Incredibly, my family has been in AZ since 2005, yet we haven’t attained this vital step. My disease certainly threw a wrench in the works, but that ship has sailed. Today I’m healthy and educated, so I’d like to be the first to tell myself “Take action!”

Now our prime concern is selecting a school for S, as he will enter first grade. Schools around here sometimes require you live within certain boundaries and sometimes they don’t. Essentially this little quirk makes it hard to locate housing until the school is selected. J and I have both researched, and I think the sort-list has come together. When we know which school, we’ll find a house and stick a date on the calendar!

J is happy because she’s researching her new car. (I’m quietly abstaining from the selection process. Those of you in-the-know understand). I told her “just bring me a coupon book”.

S loves his Wii game. How things have changed since Pong. He got a haircut yesterday and it makes him look so young! Personally I favor his hair a little long, because he is hanging on to his natural blonde. I used to think it would turn brown as he aged, but so far he could be the next Robert Redford.

The attached photo is the gang at work (though not too hard at work).

I’m going to close now. Again I apologize for such a long delay. Take care.

Love S, J&R

*A funny little story about ‘so far so good’: I must say ‘so far so good’ quite a bit because my little boy pointed out that I do. We were laying on the floor playing with Legos. I was working on a really cool attack ship. Halfway through construction S asked if I was finished. I said no, however ‘so far so good’ and continued to focus on building. Giggles bubbled up. Daddy, you always say ‘so far so good.’ I looked up and S had the sweetest grin. ‘That’s funny when you say that’.

I love you, S… So far so good!


Comments:
Well Ryan: Glad you updated your post! I'm am happy for you, J and S. Hey, aren't those Wii's great? We love ours. So far, so good! Later,
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?